Monday, May 10, 2010

Pastry Walking Tour

When I was in culinary school, one of my amazing chef instructors took my class on a pastry walking tour to explore some of the wonderful desserts that NYC has to offer. Yesterday, I took my mom and aunt for a pastry walking tour for Mother's Day for the third year in a row. Living in NYC means that every year the tours can be something new and different since we're always discovering a new shop or chef! Here's a look at some of the things we ate:

We stopped by Alison Nelson's Chocolate Bar and sampled a PBJ chocolate (peanut butter and jelly encased in a chocolate shell) as well as a small gianduja (chocolate and hazelnut) and orange chocolate.

Next stop was Il Cantuccio (91 Christopher Street) where we had a Pancioc - a sweet roll studded with chocolate chips. This place is definitely worth a visit to Greenwich Village! Super delicious rolls and basins filled to the brim with assorted homemade biscotti.




I also took them to Doughnut Plant because they had never been. Everyone I know must go to Doughnut Plant. We got a Valrhona chocolate, a blackout and a square jelly.

This is a goody bag I made for my mom and aunt that included a Diet Coke, gum, train tickets and a Starbucks gift card so we would be set for the walk!



2 comments:

  1. cute and yummy idea! i might try something like this with my mother some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aunt kathy here
    i just want to say it was the most woderful mothers day ever
    every year it gets better and better
    i can't wait to see where we go next year
    thank you so much alissa for a fabulous mothers day

    ReplyDelete