Monday, May 24, 2010

PB Yum Birthday Cake

Everybody asks "Who will make your birthday cake?" when you're a pastry chef, and the answer is: you do! Months ago, I read about a cake I will refer to as "PB Yum" on Bakerella's blog and I couldn't wait to try the recipe and decided it would be my birthday cake. I modified the recipe and the result was a chocolate peanut butter utopia that I will think about everyday until I make it again.

These were the only changes I made: I used Pastry Girl Cake's rich chocolate cake recipe (you can use any chocolate cake recipe you like), and I also drizzled some of the peanut butter chocolate ganache on top of the finished cake.

I ate the cake at room temperature and it was delicious. I ate it again for breakfast the next morning after it had been sitting in the fridge and it was phenomenally life changing. PB Yum indeed.



2 comments:

  1. The best thing I've ever eaten!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also loved this cake
    ate it out of the fridge for a week
    like eating a candy bar
    sooooooooo goooood

    ReplyDelete