Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baking Arsenal

Since my baking hobby turned obsession turned career has evolved, I have amassed quite a collection of cookbooks and bakebooks. Here’s a look at one of my shelves:


My first cookbook, which is actually my mom’s:

If I could only have one cookbook to use to serve my family all their meals (dessert included), then this would be it. Betty Crocker recipes are accessible and have a very familial quality. Of course, there's an updated version now but I do just fine with this one.

My favorite bakebooks are the ones that have a lot of pictures, so I can visualize how my pastry should turn out. Although I'm a sucker for anything with the words "Martha Stewart" attached, her books really are geared for the home baker and offer step by step instructions accompanied with beautiful pictures. I also love Good Housekeeping's Best Loved Desserts for classic homestyle desserts.

Check back tomorrow because we'll be posting pictures from the Crate & Barrel Wedding Registry Event!

No comments:

Post a Comment