Friday, April 9, 2010

Ask the Chef - Melting Chocolate

Recently, we got an email from a former customer who wanted to know how she could keep her melted chocolate from burning and becoming unuseable. I asked her how she melted her chocolate and she told me that she puts it in the microwave. I wanted to answer her question here so that I could share my answer with everyone who dares to put chocolate in the microwave!

The best way to melt chocolate is over a double boiler. This means putting your chocolate into a bowl (metal or glass) and placing it on top of a pot that is filled with about 2 inches of water. Turn on the burner and stir the chocolate as it melts. This is the safest way to melt chocolate and will ensure that you don't waste your delicious commodities. This method works whether you want to make chocolate covered strawberries or triple chocolate cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment