Monday, April 26, 2010

Baltimore Sundaes

After watching Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate (dessert edition) I just had to try the CMP that Duff (Ace of Cakes) raved about. So this weekend I headed to Baltimore and sampled some of the city's finest sweets.

At Woodberry Kitchen, I had the CMP (malt ice cream, vanilla marshmallow and peanut caramel wonder). Since the show's air date the restaurant has replaced the CMP 1.0 with the CMP 2.0 (it was described as smaller and more refined). I asked if I could have the original because I had been dreaming about it for months. The sundae is served in a cup and has a thin layer of sugar that covers the top of the cup.


Just like Duff suggested, I broke the sugar barrier to get to the delicious ooey gooeyness and devoured the entire thing. Definitely worth the trip.




I also sampled the Apple Pie Sundae, which is a cup of vanilla ice cream underneath a deconstructed piece of pie (filling, crust and streusel topping included). I have very high standards for pie and this was exceptional.


I also took a drive past Charm City Cakes for an up close look at my favorite cake reality show! I didn't see much action except for a young woman carrying boxes in and out. Here's a shot I took of the building:


1 comment:

  1. we are thinking of taking a trip tp baltimore this summer
    can't wait to try that sunday

    ReplyDelete